Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday!! He turns 49 today. He doesn't like extra attention or when we make a big deal of his birthday so hopefully I can keep him in good spirits with the delicious dinner we are making for him tonight. On the menu is a big, fresh salad to start, then a nice flank steak prepared by a very seasoned chef (my hubby Jessie) along with homemade spƤtzle (made by yours truly using my dear Oma's recipe), and then the grand finale:



This was made using the Wilton giant cupcake cake pan. It looked bigger in the store but I'm still pleased with how it turned out. I made the extra cupcakes to fill the empty space on my lovely Fenton cake stand. Again, I apologize for the quality of the photo but this is reason I was stuck in the kitchen last night! Not to mention all the time I've been spending on making all my Christmas presents....

0 Comments:

 
Sweet Cottage Chick © 2008 ♥ Template by B.K